Guidelines for Children at the Dhamma school
A. Start of Lessons
- Make sure you arrive on time at 2.00 PM.
- Take off and put away any coats, jackets and shoes in the allocated place.
- Do not use mobiles, iPods and electronic devices in Dhamma school.
- Enter the hall quietly and go straight to your designated class.
- When the teacher enters the class show your respect by standing up and greeting the teacher.
- Remain silent during the commence at 2.00 pm.
B. During Lessons
- When your teacher is giving instructions to the whole class, please remain silent and concentrate and listen to what is being said.
- When the class is asked a question, put up your hand to answer: do not call out but listen to the answers, which are being given.
- You are expected to work quietly and sensibly in the class: do not distract or annoy others around you.
- Eating, drinking and chewing gum are not allowed.
C. At the End of the Lesson
- You should not begin to pack away your study materials until your teacher tells you to do so.
- Wait for your teacher to dismiss the class.
- At the end of the lesson help to rearrange the hall and leave the hall in a clean and tidy condition.
D. General Instructions
- Respect youself and respect others.
- respect your teachers and other students.
- Bring only what you need with you.
- Be Gentle, kind and helpful to others.
- Be truthful and honest.
- Work hard and do your best.